Aquatic Center Area Rules
General Pool Rules:
- Absolutely no entering the pool without a lifeguard on duty.
- Please follow all posted rules.
- No running or rough play is permitted in the waterpark, pools, decks, steps, in dressing rooms, or in showers.
- Street clothes are not allowed in the pool. Proper swim attire must be worn in the pool. The waterpark is a family environment, therefore NO revealing swimsuits, cutoffs, t-shirts, shorts, or other loose clothing.
- Children are required to wear swim diapers under a snug fitting swimsuit if they are not completely toilet trained.
- Do not change diapers at poolside.
- Please leave all strollers, car seats, and street shoes in the locker area. Flip flops for your protection are allowed on the lower pool deck.
- No alcohol, tobacco products, and outside food or drinks allowed in the waterpark.
- Food and gum are not permitted on pool deck.
- Profanity will not be tolerated.
- Breath holding activities are prohibited.
- No Diving is permitted in any pool area.
- Do not sit, climb, or hang on lane lines, life lines, netting, railings, tables, chairs, etc.
- No items are to be within 6 feet of the pools’ edge.
- Please leave the stair and ramp entry and exit areas clear unless entering or exiting the pool.
- Flotation devices not approved by the US Coast Guard, such as water wings, are not permitted in the pools. US Coast Guard approved PFD’s are permitted and available for use.
- Please respect all requests made by the waterpark staff. Lifeguards have the authority to disallow any activity deemed unsafe whether listed or not.
- Anyone who has or has had diarrhea in the past two (2) weeks shall not use the pool.
- Anyone who has an area of exposed subepidermal tissue, open blisters, cuts, etc., is advised not to use the pool.
- All persons shall take a cleansing shower before using the pool. A bather leaving the pool to use the toilet shall take another cleansing shower before returning to the pool enclosure.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose, and similar behavior in the pool is prohibited.
- No animals allowed (Exception: Service Dogs)
Supervision requirements during open swim:
- Children 10 and under must be accompanied by an adult (16 years or older) in the water and actively supervised at all times. No child will be left unattended in the water or on deck.
- An adult must always be within arm’s reach of weak or non-swimmers at all times.
- Single slide riders only and must be 48” tall and under 300 pounds to ride. All sliders meeting this requirement must be wearing the appropriate slide band and follow all posted rules.
- Follow instructions of lifeguard. Wait until the landing area is clear before entering the slide.
- Slide in a sitting position or on the back only. Sliders feet must be in front of them, keeping arms and legs crossed on the front side of the body, and inside the flumes at all times.
- No running, standing, kneeling, rotating, tumbling, or stopping in the slide.
- Leave the plunge area immediately.
- Swim wear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets or metal ornamentation is not permitted.
- Eyeglasses must be securely affixed to riders with head straps, otherwise they are not permitted.
- CAUTION: For safety reasons, pregnant women and persons with heart conditions or back trouble should not ride this ride.
The City of New Albany is not responsible for any bodily injury or lost/damaged items on City property.
Waterpark rules are in place for the safety of our members and guests. Anyone not abiding by the rules may be asked to leave.
There are no refunds due to inclement weather.